Hello old friends, new followers, and fellow bloggers-
WELCOME to Authentic Love: God, Relationships, and Life! This is our first post of 2018, and I thought it should consist of some life updates, goals, and other musings rolling around in this brilliant noggin of mine.
OK, let’s get started!
First, I am officially 25 years old! I celebrated a birthday last Thursday. Oh My Gosh, I feel so old! Ancient. I can’t really explain the feeling but it’s like I’m more aware of 30 being around the corner than a year ago. I felt a light bulb switch within me, where my concern is more about becoming settled within so that I can create a legacy for the generation to come. My concern is now more about my influence rather than my inadequacies and my excuses for why I can’t be great are dwindling one by one. I believe that this year is going to be one of change for me. No longer will I hide behind fear and inward brokenness, I have given myself the permission to be my God-created self, clothed in transparency and truth.
Second, like every year, I have mapped out a few goals for this year. Here they are:
- #1- To settle into who I am. I have spent so many years, explaining why I am “this particular” person, that I have lost time appreciating, valuing and thriving within my difference. It’s a goal of mine to take time this year to value me. When you’ve spent so many years devaluing yourself, it’s like a culture shock to actually come to a place of genuine, pure self-love. I was the person that had a love for everyone else, but herself and that pattern to downplay what’s on the inside is being destroyed this year.
- #2-To stop apologizing. Like many, I suffered from people-pleasing tendencies, apologizing for things said and done. However, I am no longer apologizing for other’s preferences on who I should be, how I should speak, how I should address things and etc. This year is one of OFFENSE: oh well, if one doesn’t like the heat, they should stay out of the kitchen. A lot of people confuse, Christianity’s requirement to love to equate being a pushover and doormat- subjected to the opinions of others, but Christ was neither. He loved well and spoke his mind. He threw shade like a sport, called the Pharisees vipers and threw over tables in the temple. He had no problem being passionate, reckless and even offensive because, at the end of the day, He stuck to his beliefs without apology. Ultimately, in life, ©©© I strive to be like Him!
- #3- To build this brand/grow this audience. I think that growth is very important and that this blog is made to be bigger than what it is. I’ve been lazy and super complacent out of fear, like what if I pour my heart into this next phase of the blog and it still fails, but I’ve already failed by not trying. So this year, I’m going to take some risks with this blog. (HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE- YOU ALL ARE FREE TO CALL ME OUT!) For real, I want to do more in my interaction with each of you. Please feel free to email me your suggestions: Should I post more? Should I post more dating articles? Should I share more personal stories? Poetry or prose? Let me know! (Click on the Wanna Contact Me page and reach me there!)
- #4- To rebuild significant relationships. Keyword: significant. I’m not striving for trash-filled/toxic people to return, but I am open to mending fences with healthy relationships that may have evolved due to various circumstances. I think mending, forgiveness, and restoration are VERY important and these are things I am willing to do.
- #5- To share my gifts with the world. I think I’ve allowed intimidation and insecurities to stall me for too long. Like I’ve equated the value of my gift with the success of someone else’s and that is not the mindset to have. My gift and it’s potential to thrive has nothing to do with anyone else and therefore, it would a great injustice to live life intimidated to the point that I don’t produce. It’s time to come out of the shadows and to thrive.
Lastly, here are several musings that were bouncing around the ole noggin waiting for an opportunity to be set free into the world, willing to be shared with each of you:
- You are enough. Period.
- You are allowed to be different. Again, drops mic *
- Who you are is just as significant as anyone else.
- You don’t have to live in sadness. I’ve believed the opposite for way too long, it’s time to live in the freedom that is joy
- Your past has nothing to do with your future. For real, NOTHING!
- God still loves you. I promise you, He does…
- Change is good, in fact, change sometimes is BETTER.
Well…it’s been real! ✌️
Until next time,
*FIC = Featured Image Credit*