Hello old friends, new followers, and fellow bloggers-
Happy Monday! It’s June 15th and loves, it’s been a while. Let’s see… So much has happened since the last time we spoke. Here’s the cliff notes version, just in case you’ve been under a rock.
- Our world entered into a global pandemic affectionately called COVID-19. It’s an airborne disease that can kill you. It typically manifests itself with cold/flu-like symptoms (fever, chills, etc. )
- A plethora of beautiful black people was shot and killed by police sparking a resurgence of life to the Black Lives Matter Movement. The only difference between the death of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and Breonna Taylor was the extremities of death these individuals endured doing normal everyday things: shopping at a convenience store, taking a jog around the neighborhood and lounging in one’s household. The world has been and still is at a standstill regarding these recent events.
- Our president seems to suck more and more each day. That’s not new but maybe more apparent.
- There’s been a reopening of suicide cases for black boys who have been found hanging from trees. Lynching is apparently back…
- Quarantine dating is dangerous as if dating in 2020 wasn’t already ghetto.
RACISM IS VERY MUCH ALIVE AND WELL. You can thank the “Karens” of the world for continuing to fuel the flame.
Darkness is all around us and it seems like the world is devoid of hope. I have been quiet on this platform because for the longest in honesty, I’ve been mourning with my community. I’ve cried more tears than I’ve ever cried before. I’ve sat and looked at the future with the lens of doom. I’ve lamented. I’ve prayed- “Lord, why?” I’ve felt what all of you have: lonely, sad, depressed, afraid, and extremely emotional. I feel like I’ve endured an extreme case of Emotional PTSD and like many of you, I’m making it day by day with the grace of God.
Today, I greet you all to let you know that I’m walking through this journey with you. I too am hanging on a single prayer, or maybe a few. Lovelies, I’m persuaded that hope is still worth fighting for and that love is stronger than death. I believe faith has the power to move mountains and that if we can find a single reason to smile each day, our days on this earth will be very long. This mindset, these heart tucked truths are carrying me through. God is simply carrying me through, and He’s carrying you too.
Loves, He’s carrying you!