Hello old friends, new followers and fellow bloggers-
I’ve been procrastinating all day about what I wanted to blog about but I decided that instead of planning something, I would just write out of a stream of consciousness, That’s right, whatever comes up is coming out on this digital page to be shared with each and every one of you. lol. So I’ve been thinking about a few things that I thought I would share.
Here are a few of my ramblings:
(1) I don’t really understand why people read my writing, really I don’t understand. Like why would anyone choose to hear what I have to say? I know that sounds self-deprecating and I promise I’m not fishing for some compliments but sometimes I’m like why would I read my blogpost, you know? I was never the best writer. I remember being in school and doing awful on my English papers because my grammar was never the best. I always felt like people never got me as a person, they never understood me or what I was trying to say. So to see that people are actually reading my thoughts…simply dumbfound me and makes me wonder.
(2) I cry every time I hear Christina Perri’s “Thousand Years”. Every single time, and I don’t even know why, It’s like on cue- when I hear the song, the waterworks come. Crazy, huh? I’m watching “The Voice” and this guy starts singing “Thousand Years” and I almost loose it. lol. Like, full emotional breakdown…I think I need therapy.lol.
(3) I’m going to the Bahamas in April and I can’t go until I don’t look like a swollen mess in my bathing suit. When my mom told the family that we were going to the Bahamas, everyone was like “Yeah…Bahamas..sweet!”, I was like “OMG I have to lose weight to look good in the Bahamas.” Shallow? Maybe, but absolutely true moment!
(4) My next date needs to be at an actual restaurant. You know, the places where you have to sit down and look at a menu? A place where its customary to leave a tip? Like…an actual restaurant! Don’t get me wrong, I love the spontaneous picnics and home-cooked meals, and trust me I love coffee dates and festivals- but I would actually like to sit down and enjoy a meal that neither one of us made together. I’m just saying! A dinner date is long overdue 🙂
and finally because I could go on all night…
(5) So I was watching Dancing with the Stars and decided to tweet as I was watching…man, folks can be mean where it involves their favorite TV programming. I was trying to be nice but honest and thought I was mean, but after looking at some of these comments- I had not even scratched the surface. I think it’s so funny how easy it is to hide behind one’s social media and forget the the people we talk about has feelings too. Celebrities have feelings too, so let’s be kind on our social media.
So those are my ramblings for the night…I’m pretty exhausted and we’ll talk soon. If you have any random thoughts you would like to share with me, please comment below!
Until next time,
Picture #1 :http://ruralrookie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/shinythings.jpg
Picture #2: http://simmermagazine.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/bluenile.jpg?w=960